Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Growing and growing and growing

So I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. We spent ours in Branson, MO. If you're not from around here, you might think, "Hey, that's pretty cool." I live about 40 minutes from the music city (aka old man's land). It's not that spectacular to me.

But, I must admit, it was alright. We stayed in a condo with the in-laws and they kept Ethan each night in their room, meaning I got uninterrupted sleep. If you don't count the bajillion times I have to get up to pee! I won't bore you with all the details of our holiday, but I will say Ethan had a great time, and I suppose that's what really matters, right?

Here's some random junk I've been carrying around in my head....
  • I forgot what it's like not to fit through tight spaces. It's pretty funny when I try to squeeze in behind someone's chair all stealth-like in a meeting because I'm late. I forget about the belly, jerk their chair and am noticed by everyone. 
  • Back pain. WTH. Man, I forgot how bad it can hurt to be pregnant. And if I cough? Well, those round ligaments get to screamin'.
  • Gonna try cry-it-out for my midnight visitor this weekend. He HAS to learn how to sleep in his own bed, and he needs to learn before baby gets here. It's becoming an every night occurrence. 
  • I'm getting all crazy healthy and found this site called The Gracious Pantry. It has tons of stuff on there about "clean" eating.
  • I've decided that high amounts of sugar, which is in EVERYTHING, are no good and food dyes suck. Going to try to eliminate both as much as I can. Should be fun. 
  • I've been talking to E lately about sugar, so he asked me the other day, "My chocolate milk doesn't have 19 grams of sugar in it, does it?" He got pretty ticked when I said it had 22. He knows it's bad for him and he knows I won't let him have tons of it. Little smarty pants!
  • Ethan is all about his body and what it does lately. Last night, in another sugar conversation started by him, he said, "Yeah, and sugar goes into my stomach and it makes it hard for my heart to pump blood, and then it comes out in poop." He knows that your body takes what it needs from your food and disposes of the rest....hence the "poop" comment. The "hard heart" thing comes from clogging up the veins and arteries by making unhealthy food choices. I may have a scientist or doctor on my hands here. He CONSTANTLY wants to talk about the body!
  • I'm almost halfway through with this pregnancy. I cannot believe it. And I find out what the baby is and if it's healthy in less than a month! Time just dragged last time. This time, it's flying. 
Alright...random must end at some point. Might as well be now! Here's the latest pic...taken last week at 16 weeks.

6 comments:

  1. Ahh, I don't know how I missed that you're pregnant! I think I got caught up in everything. Congrats, and you're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great Katie! :-) We're all really excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look wonderful :) and Bree stays worried about food too, because I've been trying to teach her which foods are bad and which are good. We're an organic family over here...she's learning young.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just downed three glasses of water and my belly looks like yours right now... IE: You look FANTASTIC!

    Heading over to check out The Gracious Pantry now thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 16 weeks already, it is going way to fast. Great post and Ethan is a smartie pants for sure. I have to check that site out. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving out of town. Yes he does need to start sleeping before the baby comes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love the belly pic's...keep them coming!

    I tried to cut out the bad food dyes, then one night while I was downstairs and the kids were spending time with Neil's parents, I saw them dishing out fruit loops. Living in the same house with the in laws and raising children is SO not easy. They don't care what we say, they give the kids WHATEVER they want. It's very frustrating. Good luck with your new healthy food goals.

    ReplyDelete