Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Baaa Baaa What?

So Clint and I went to Kansas City and spent the night on the Plaza. It was fun. Crazy, but fun.

On Sunday, we returned to my mother-in-law's house only to discover our youngest and begun something new. Sitting there in his swing, he starts talking. And instead of the normal chatter in a range of pitches, he made a distinct baa baa baa sound. And he continues to do so. It's probably the most adorable sound in the world, and it truly melts my heart.

So now you have two parents walking around going, "Baa baa baa baa," all over the place trying to get him to say it again. Of course, he just looks at us with that adorable gummy grin of his like he knows exactly what we're asking but rather relish in his power to get his parents to act like idiots!

It's amazing to think that little Dylan is nearing the sixth-month mark. It seems like last week that I held is tiny little body for the first time. Before I know it, my boys will be all grown up and that makes my heart ache a little, especially when I'm trying so hard to gain a more flexible schedule and getting nowhere. Well, I guess I shouldn't say nowhere. I am making head way. Just not fast enough.

It's amazing how our perspectives can change so drastically. I remember writing a post before coming back to work where I actually said I wanted to work! And, well, I do want to work, but I could definitely go for a part-time gig over the full-time deal. It's hard being a momma. It's even harder being a momma that cares so much about being there for my boys and having to also be "good" at my job.

Alright...that's a different rant entirely. For now, I'll just smile every time I think of little Dylan making new noises!
 Can you guess what Ethan wants to be for Halloween? He's been wearing this a lot! 

Baby Dylz.

5 comments:

  1. Cute! I love the cute noises the babies make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww I loooove baby noises! E's costume is adorable! I swear he looks wayyy older every time you post a new picture! how does he change week to week? haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute :) Love love love baby noises!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sound of baby talk. It's precious! I hope you get your work situation figured out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that part time job comes quickly. It would be so nice for you to have a little more time with your boys since time is so fleeting. Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete