Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Need to Hug and Kiss and Hug...

There's a little boy here where I live that is suffering from a rare form of brain cancer. His parents are spending their last few moments with such a small little boy just barely older than my own son.

I hate, hate, hate stories like this. It makes my whole body hurt for that family because I can imagine nothing worse than that. NOTHING. To have to say goodbye to your own child, watching him suffer. I just pray I never, ever have to do that.

But while I ache for them, I am reminded that my own two babies are healthy and happy. And that when my husband sprung the fact on me this morning that he has a business dinner, I was upset because I'd have to tackle the boys alone tonight. I am so lucky and so blessed that I have the opportunity to pick my boys and see their smiling faces. That I get to listen to Ethan's day and hear Dylan's coos. That I get to read to my three year old and spend a few minutes snuggling close to him.

And I get to appreciate the fact that I have such a wonderful opportunity because we never know what tomorrow will bring. And today, I still get to hug and kiss and hug and kiss and hug and kiss my babies.

3 comments:

  1. This post made me all teary… soon as I hit publish on this comment I'm going to pick my girl up and give her a big smooch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true. You never know. Lots of hugs and kisses all around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some days we often take our blessings for granted. These tragic reminders bring us back down to reality. My prayers go out to that family.

    ReplyDelete