Thursday, August 16, 2012

Some Days I Just Feel Lucky

My husband came home last night from his business trip. I was beside myself with excitement. Taking care of two little ones all alone is NO fun. It's HARD. And it makes me respect single moms and SAHM all the more. And it makes me appreciate my husband all the more, too.

I think it's easy to get lost in the thick of things sometimes. We just go on day to day without thinking about how difficult things could really be and taking for granted the people that keep things relatively calm in our worlds. I mean, even if he isn't doing everything when I want and how I want, I'd much rather have my husband there to do SOMETHING however it gets done. I'm fortunate to have a husband that's so willing to help out and sees us as equal partners in this game.

As we were catching up, we were talking about the kids, and I realize (for the thousandth time) how so very lucky I am to have two great kids. I cannot begin to express how proud I am of how good Ethan was while his father was gone. He listened to me. He helped me out. He didn't fight me at bed time. He didn't fight me in the morning. He was such a GREAT kid. It's like he knew I needed that. He's such a sweet boy, and I don't think I focus on that enough. I mean, I tried on a dress the other night to see if I wanted to wear it to work (still trying to fit into my clothes) and Ethan looked over at me and said, "That's a pretty dress mom. It makes you look pretty. You'll be pretty forever!" Talk about making a momma's heart melt. And that made my decision. I wore the dress the next day!

And Dylan, well, when it comes to babies, I don't think it gets any better than Dylan. He's so mild, laid back and calm. He smiles and coos and wiggles around. He's so happy except when hungry or tired. He's pure joy. I am loving every minute of watching him grow and learn.

And so I feel so blessed and so lucky to have the things I have in my life. I have a wonderful husband and two amazing children. It doesn't get much better than that!

6 comments:

  1. Such a sweet post :) Love when those moments hit us...sadly, some mothers don't realize how much of a blessing that kids are. I had such a hard time with Bree for the last two years, but all in all...she's sweet and innocent and my child...and I love her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that he was tuned in and acted just as you needed him to during your husband's absence. You are blessed with two wonderful boys, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are SO blessed! and it never fails to amaze me how in tune kids are, they turn it up and really help out when you need them to even though they don't really know it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it neat when you have those moments when you realize how blessed you are? I had one of those last week. It just made me so happy. Yay for a great husband and awesome kids!!! And double yay for realizing it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all sounds so wonderful. It is so hard to remember these things when we are living our daily life. Maybe we need some post it notes around the house reminding us of how blessed we are!

    ReplyDelete