Thursday, April 19, 2012

37 Weeks...I must be miserable, right?

One would easily make that assumption. After all, aren't we told that pregnancy becomes more and more miserable as we enter the third trimester and make that final trek toward the end? And with Ethan, no truer words could've been spoken. I was swollen. I was achy. I was gaining 2 lbs a week!And I was emotional. I was beyond ready to be finished with pregnancy.

When they say every pregnancy is different, they very well mean it. From beginning to end, this pregnancy has proven that no two are a like. Let me count the ways:
  • I knew before I took the test I was pregnant with this one. It's true when they say you're body knows what's up.
  • I have rarely had headaches this go round. And when I do, it's weather related. 
  • I haven't gained as much weight.
  • My back doesn't hurt nearly as bad.
  • I feel smaller.
  • I was super puffy with Ethan.
  • I'm 37 weeks and still feel okay. 
Let's talk about now. I am 37 weeks. I should be pretty damn miserable. I'm not. If I had to say, I'd have to say I feel pretty damn good. Sure, my back DOES hurt. My ankles ARE swollen. My breasts ARE tender. I do PEE alot. All of those things that you would expect at the end of a pregnancy. But today, I walked for 45 minutes, and I felt fine doing it. I just don't FEEL 37 weeks pregnant when compared to Ethan. It sorta makes it even more unreal that in a mere 3 to 4 weeks, I'll be having this baby. CRAZY!

Okay, so, I have an appointment tomorrow. Please, please, please pray (or send rays of lights, rainbows or happy thoughts---whatever your thing is) my way that things with little baby's heart haven't gotten worse. I'm looking for the same to better. :)

6 comments:

  1. I'm pulling for a full turn around (ie: his little heartbeat is perfect). XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really glad that you're having an easier time in some ways this go-round! I'm just so excited to see your new little one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that this pregnancy is so much easier- I know that is a relief for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending prayers AND happy thoughts your way! :) Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you're not miserable...I was miserable those last few weeks. Praying you get good news at the doc!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad your doing so well. I can't wait to meet him. Both of my pregnancies were wonderful from the start. No morning sickness and no stretch marks. However I had two c-sections and the first one was an emergency and I ended up in intensive care. So no bikini cut for me!

    ReplyDelete