Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Some Secrets Must Come to an End....

So yeah. I suppose some people may have noticed my relatively MIA status. I haven't been posting. I haven't been commenting. I've been missing. And I'm sure I've been missing out on all kinds of good stuff in the process of my missing in action status.

However. There are times when it's easier to say nothing at all than to risk slipping up and letting the secret spill out before you're ready. And that's exactly what I was afraid of.

Nearly three months ago (August 18th to be exact), my husband and I began the journey of creating a new life. And by new life, I mean that come May 10, 2012, I will become a mother for the second time and Ethan will become a big brother to either a little girl or little boy. No, no, you did not read wrong. I am pregnant. I am 10 weeks, in fact. And I have to tell you, it was much easier to keep the secret from you all than it was my work people! They are some nosy peeps.

In fact, once I let the cat out of the bag, so to speak, it was already out. They all already suspected because the second time around makes a girl grow just a little faster. And I don't know if you noticed, but I'm a little on the small side. With Ethan, my stomach had a noticeable pouch by 12 weeks. With this one, it was noticeable right about the time I discovered the truth.

We are very happy. I am very happy. Yesterday, we had our first ultrasound and Dr. visit. Everything looks good and healthy, and the heartbeat was a strong 167. I got to see that tiny thing that's about 1 inch long hanging out upside down inside my tummy. That's an amazing thing. It really is.

So....there you have it. The news is out. I hope I waited long enough. I waited as long as I could. And tomorrow, I will be posting about the differences between baby 1 and baby 2. Stay tuned!

9 comments:

  1. So very, very happy for your beautiful little family!!!! Hope you have a great and uneventful pregnancy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! Yay for a new baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesomesauce! I look forward to reading all about it! My birthday was August 18th. And that is the day I found out I was pregnant with Harper (last year). She was conceived August 9th, 2010. I can imagine that it will be somewhat helpful/cool for you to back-track and look at my blog for reference because I went through and will go through the things you are going through last year and the years to come. Neat! Congrats!!!

    This is also about the same time we revealed our pregnancy. It is definitely not easy to keep a secret - although it was kind of fun having this special knowledge between just my husband and me that no one knew about...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really? Really? Really? I am beyond excited for you!!!! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! This is wonderful news. I am so happy for all of you. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete