Thursday, April 26, 2012

I said I wouldn't...but then I did. 38 Weeks

I had my 38-week appointment this afternoon. First of all, I had another non-stress test. It was perfect. Doctor said, "well, I didn't expect it to go away until after birth, so this is great!"I am definitely happy about that!

So how'd the rest go?

I've currently gained 25 to 27 lbs. That's good. So I ate an ice cream on the way back to work :) Any changes? No, not really. Cervix is up just a bit but still posterior. Baby has dropped just a tad. No significant change. Just.Like.Ethan.

Now I told myself this morning that there would be no change. I've told myself that it's okay. It really doesn't mean anything and so what if I'm late. It'll be okay. It'll give me more time. Here's the problem.

I've felt pretty great this pregnancy. I can't REALLY complain. But I'm 38-weeks pregnant. My body is feeling awkward and unstable and just uncomfortable. I'm not sleeping. At.All. So I'm kind of ready to just get the no sleeping because I'm feeding a baby part over with. Bring on the baby and let's get through it so maybe I in a couple months I'll be able to sleep longer than 2 hours. I'm literally up EVERY 2 hours to pee. Pain.In.My.Ass.

And well, sometimes it hurts to walk. I mean. I'm carrying around a 6lb baby. Why wouldn't I be uncomfortable. And so I was a little disappointed today when she said no change. I knew she was gonna say it. I FELT it.

But there was just a tiny bit of me that was hoping for something. ANYTHING. And so the countdown continues!

6 comments:

  1. I didn't have any change until she came - at least not anything very significant. Of course, she ends up coming three days late. And i too felt a little disappointed each time the doctor noted that there wasnt any change. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was an insomniac during those last few weeks. No sleep whatsoever, whether it was because I was having to pee or because I was so itchy. I had hives my last month or so of pregnancy. Bree was 8 pounds, and she was late...and I was to the point where I thought I was going to cut her out of me if they didn't induce me pronto! I think they would have made me wait, but when I went for my check up...my blood pressure was really high and I was a day over my due date. She was born the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But it can all change overnight just like that! I hope the last bit of this time isn't toooooo awful for you. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. hoping this last bit just flies right by!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! Come onnnn....baby Craft :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy that his heart is all good now. He will be here soon! I know you are anxious but you will long for these days back years from now. Okay, maybe not these last few weeks but you know what I mean. Savor the moment!

    ReplyDelete