Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Quick Update on the No-Refined-Carb Challenge

Alright. I have class in about 10 minutes. I should be reading statistics. Instead, I'm writing this....so I'll make it quick.

On Tuesday, Clint and I went for a Valentine's Lunch, which is much easier to organize than dinner with a 3-year-old. I took about 3 or 4 bites of the bun on my burger before I decided to take it off. However, I did have a nice, yummy slice of chocolate almond cheesecake! YUM! I can't begin to describe the deliciousness I experienced.

Other than that, the diet is going well. I can't really say that I've felt a HUGE difference in how I feel, but I guess I do feel a little more patient. A little less on edge, maybe?

My biggest issue is finding things to eat. So I've made spaghetti with spaghetti squash, which was so delicious, I will definitely be eating it again. And hubby LOVED it. I eat a lot of potatoes. I eat a lot of salads with veggies and bacon. Yes. Bacon. Yum. I've had taco soup, chili, and bean salad.

There are things to eat, but they aren't processed, and therefore, they take much more time to put together. I eat Steel Cut Oats....30 minutes to make but worth it. I had a crustless quiche this week made with nothing more than eggs, muenster cheese, spinach and broccoli. I suppose I should provide some links to these recipes sometime.

Next week, I'm going to try a pizza with cauliflower crust. Sounds interesting. I've heard it's good.

And so maybe that's one of the best things to come out of all this....I'm trying new things. New foods. Healthy foods. Just last night, my husband said, "At least I can say this. We've been eating a lot healthier, and I don't feel like I've sacrificed taste in the least!" Now that's a compliment I can live with!

3 comments:

  1. I saw the cauli crust pizza on pinterest, my friend made it and thought it was fantastic. well fantastic for faux crust pizza ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to try that cauli pizza but haven't yet. I just bought a cookbook to help me with recipes and I am stocking my panty with new items for baking like coconut flour and almond flower. I am determined to live my life with less carbs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always nice when we're pushed outside our comfort zones with food, especially when we end up liking what we try. Your new foodstuffs sound good to me too!

    ReplyDelete