Thursday, February 2, 2012

26 Weeks.

I'm 26 weeks pregnant today. Yes. Today. That means that I only have 14 weeks to go. I'm two weeks from the dreaded third trimester. And so here's how I feel....

I don't know how much I weigh; although two weeks ago, I had gained a whopping 17 lbs. Yuck. I feel like a very large person. VERY LARGE. And don't bother telling me that I'm just cute and adorable and pregnant. I know I'm pregnant. I know I'm supposed to get bigger. And I know that I haven't gotten big anywhere except my belly. Knowing and believing are two entirely different things. I feel like a giant that sways back and forth on my feet because of the extra poundage I'm carrying around.

I have started having leg cramps at night. I had them with Ethan, too, but I was hoping they would be like the constant migraines I had with him....non-existent. Instead, my calves are sore because of them. It's painful, people.

I am leaking. Yes, it's gross. Yes, it's TMI. Yes, it's happening. So much that I have resigned myself to the fact that I will indeed have to wear a bra to bed from now until who knows when since I'm going to breastfeed. I can FEEL it when they start, too. It kinda stings a little. And usually coincides with baby thoughts. I have a bad habit of looking to see if I'm right and have found that I have to stop myself when it happens in meetings. How embarrassing would that be? "Don't mind me...just checking out the colostrum spewing from my boobs. Back to work guys!" Fun.

I have noticed some flab on my arms, so naturally, instead of walking today, I lifted weights. Now if I can keep it up.

Good stuff?

Baby is moving lots. I'm tired of calling baby, baby. Wishing hubs and I would come up with a name already. Overall, this pregnancy is still far easier and more comfortable than my first. I feel pretty good. If I didn't have to eat, I'd feel great. That's when I feel the worst.

I'm still able to sleep fairly well; however, baby sits low, so I get up to pee a lot. Annoying. Whatever.

And so here's the latest in pictures.

 The above was at about 25.5 weeks. I'm a little bigger now. Seems to coming on fast!
 The above was last week (25 weeks) at an event 
The above is an old picture of me when I was 7.5 months pregnant with Ethan. Not much different than now....and I am not 7.5 months pregnant yet.

6 comments:

  1. I hated being pregnant, every single aspect of it. So I feel you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update. Hope you have a name soon. I can't believe how quickly the time is going by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I'm sorry but you look adorable! But I do know what you mean about carrying around the extra weight. With Harper I noticed how going up stairs was just not all that easy. I felt huge and like I was lugging around a huge weight (which I was). Anywho - good luck. It will be over soon and then you will have that baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was not a happy preggo. Well I thought I was but my husband? he disagrees. and for the record you look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am I really not allowed to say you look cute?! Because, well, you do! I love that black and white dress, very chic!!! You look amazing, even if you don't feel it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm writing this after a night of throwing up... in three days I make it to week 9. HOLY HELL. Week 26 sounds SO FAR away and you look fantastic. I feel like a cow already and I haven't even gained baby weight.

    Hope you have fun at your shower today maybe have a slice of cake for me?

    XO, Rach

    ReplyDelete