Monday, November 4, 2013

MIA & Dylz

So I haven't been around much. Truth is I don't seem to have much time and I don't know if I have much to say. I know that's not true because I always have SOMETHING to say; I just seem to have lost my willingness to post all the time. Poor Dylan.

Ethan has these books of blog posts that highlight all the little things he was doing and during what time in his development. It's been such a great resource the second time around; however, I just haven't done the same for Dylan. I suppose part of it is that every tiny tooth and every little word isn't quite as AWESOME as it was the first time. Don't get me wrong; I cherish all the little milestones with Dylan and I watch him and notice everything still, but I also know what's normal now. I don't know. That all sounds bad.

But I endeavor to do better. I'm unwilling to give up. Not just because I think Dylan should have something to look back on but also because I mean for this to be an outlet. Maybe it won't always be correct. Maybe people will disagree with me on a thousand different levels. And maybe I don't care so much. Maybe this will serve as a window into who I was when my children were young. A living documentary. And it's not like there are many still around reading my thoughts at any rate. I'm okay with that. It's harder to be true and honest and raw when you know several people are reading your words.

But for today, we'll leave true and honest and raw alone. Today, we'll update about little Dylz. Because it's been so long.
  • He now has four teeth with a fifth one popping through. He waited quite a while, but now there filling in back to back.
  • He wears twelve-month clothes. Little thing that he is.
  • He has a funny personality. He likes to make his big brother laugh and dances around with him. He imitates EVERYTHING Ethan does. 
  • He is opinionated and strong-willed and independent. 
  • He still takes a bottle at night and before naps. 
  • He still wakes up at least once a night; sometimes more. 
  • He's always ready to greet you with a smile when he wakes up.
  • As soon as he is out of the crib, he walks to the side and grabs the stash of pacis he dropped throughout the night. 
  • He refuses to crawl backward down the stairs, instead trying to take them one at a time, forward facing like a grown up....or his brother. It's terrifying and he has fallen down the stairs doing this. 
  • He knows how to operate the DVD player. I'm not sure how I feel about that.
  • He is WAY more into electronics than he should be. We have them, so it's hard to keep them away.
  • He had his first taste of candy on Halloween. We forgot the paci and ended up giving him a Twizzler. Shhhh....don't tell. 
  • He's vivacious, sweet, smart, and full of love.
 Halloween. So you can't see Ethan's face, but I love Dylan's smile here.
 One of the times we stayed home due to hand, foot and mouth disease.
 Halloween 2013. Harry Potter and Aragog.
 Mommy and Dylan.
 My silly boy. He needs a haircut. For real!
 Playing with money.
"Helping" his brother count money.

His words.....
  • Stop
  • No
  • Oh-No
  • Mommy
  • Bubby
  • Paci
  • Milk
  • Help
  • Please
  • Hot dog
  • Choo-Choo
  • Shoe
  • Bath
  • Color
  • Need
  • Want
  • Meow
  • Moo
  • Roar
I can't think of others. I know he has more. Other things he says. I can't think of what they are.His phrases include "need help," "want milk" and "no ____."

He's still my little observer, soaking in his world. And humor. He has a sense of humor.

1 comment:

  1. Those stairs would scare me too, I wonder why he won't go backwards! Thanks for the update on sweet little Dylan. All the pictures are precious. I know exactly what you mean, when the second one comes we just get busier. My son has his whole baby book filled in and my daughter's is pretty empty!

    ReplyDelete